2018 SPRING Women's Growth Groups
MONDAY EVENING 6:30-8:00pm
March 12-April 30, 2018 (7 Weeks) (Skipping April 2)
“UNINVITED ” a Lysa Terkeurst Bible Study
Leader: Jo Rydman & Sheryl Chester
Location: 201 (formerly 3207)
The enemy wants us to feel rejected . . . left out, lonely, and less than. When we allow him to speak lies through our rejection, he pickpockets our purpose. Cripples our courage. Dismantles our dreams. And blinds us to the beauty of Christ’s powerful love.
In Uninvited, Lysa shares her own deeply personal experiences with rejection—from the incredibly painful childhood abandonment by her father to the perceived judgment of the perfectly toned woman one elliptical over.
With biblical depth, gut-honest vulnerability, and refreshing wit, Lysa helps readers:
1. Release the desire to fall apart or control the actions of others by embracing God-honoring ways to process their hurt.
2. Know exactly what to pray for the next ten days to steady their soul and restore their confidence.
3. Overcome the two core fears that feed our insecurities by understanding the secret of belonging.
4. Stop feeling left out and start believing that "set apart" does not mean "set aside."
5. End the cycle of perceived rejection by refusing to turn a small incident into a full blown issue.
TUESDAY MORNING 9:30-11:00 AM
March 6-May 1, 2018 (8 Weeks) (Skipping March 20)
“TWELVE MORE WOMEN OF THE BIBLE"
Leader: Tammy Vos
Location: 101 (formerly 3107)
In this 12-session video Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), some of today’s best-loved authors look at the spiritual lessons learned from twelve women in the Bible and what they mean for you today. You will look at these women’s successes and failures, see how they drew near to God in the midst of trials, and learn how they overcame rejection and disappointment. Their stories will inspire you to persevere through difficult times and find joy in the hope that Jesus has provided.
You’ll study the lives of . . .
1. Proverbs 31 Woman: How Not to Do It All
2. Deborah: Fight Like a Girl
3. Shulamite Woman: We Had God at Hello
4. Ruth: Staying Focused in a World of Distractions
5. Puah and Shiphrah: How to Fight Your Fears
6. Esther: Letting God Be in Control
7. Priscilla: Living a Life of Blessed Ordinary
8. Mary and Martha: Finding Life in Death
9. Bent Woman: We've Got God's Complete Attention
10. Woman with the Issue of Blood: When Persistence Pays Off
11. Elizabeth: How to Win the Waiting Game
12. Anna: How to Live a Life Devoted to God
“WOMEN TO WOMEN” a Paul Tripp Bible Study
Leader: Judy Baier
Location: 201 (formerly 3207)
You could argue that as a Christian woman, there are only two ways of living: you either live for yourself, or you live as an ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Because of your sinful nature, your heart will be inclined to love yourself, serve yourself, and live for yourself. But God has called you to something radically different – to love Him, serve Him, and live for Him. You’ve been called to be an ambassador of the King of Kings.
Living as an ambassador for Christ is a high and difficult calling. That is why pastor, author, and international conference speaker Paul David Tripp has developed Women Helping Women, a six-session study for women who want to live as ambassadors for Christ in their everyday life. But before you can properly represent your King, you need to know who He is. This study will focus on the character of God and His plan of redemption. It will also focus on you, a sinner living among other sinners in a fallen world. This teaching will help you to evaluate the sinful tendencies of your heart and why it is a struggle to live everyday as an ambassador.
You may also register for any of these Growth Groups in the foyer on February 18 & 25, 2018 (during all 3 services), or in the Church office Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, now through March 5, 2018. If you registered in the lobby and need child care, please register your children here.